Creamy and flavorful, this dish is a crowd pleaser with very little effort
3 large chicken breasts (can be frozen)
2 14oz cans whole fat coconut milk
14oz can diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cups peeled & cubed butternut squash (fresh or frozen)
1 teaspoon onion powder (or 1/2 yellow onion diced)
2 cloves minced garlic
1 teaspoon garam masala
steamed rice, brown or jasmine
1 bunch asparagus
- Spray the bottom of the slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Pour one can of coconut milk into the slow cooker. Add chicken breasts and butternut squash. Cover with tomatoes and additional can of coconut milk. Sprinkle over spices. Stir well to combine
- Set slow cooker on low for 8-10 hours. If possible, stir midway through (optional)
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker, to a medium bowl or cutting board. Shredded chicken with two forks.
- Optional – use immersion blender to partially blend sauce and veggies (helpful for those who struggle with chunks in sauces). Return chicken to the sauce.
- Steam or grill asparagus to your liking. I love this steamer and I’ll cook the asparagus for 4 minutes.
- Warm up your rice – I usually make a giant batch of instant pot brown rice and then freeze portions, recipe is in Busy Mom Meal Prep
- Serve chicken with rice, sauce and asparagus. Don’t forget a bit of butter on the asparagus!
Keywords: slow cooker, curry, coconut, chicken