I know it’s March and pecan pie brings thoughts of fall but this granola is too good to keep from you any longer. I have a big jar of this hanging out our pantry and we eat it plain, with yogurt, on oatmeal or even over some fruit and ice cream for dessert like last night.
The first time I made this granola Carver and I were only engaged, and we hadn’t met Cody or Sophie – over two years ago! Carver and I drove to Las Vegas for our wedding tasting and I made a big batch for mom and dad, filling their house with the smell of fall. This granola is sweet and warm, crunchy and chewy all at the same time. The flavor in this granola is better than anything you can get on grocery store shelves and the quality is better as well. Give yourself an hour or so and you’ll have a nice big batch for the week.
Pecan Pie Granola
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup oat bran
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup brown rice syrup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Line one large or two medium sized baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together oats, oat bran, pecans and coconut. Pour out onto prepared cookie sheets and bake for 12 minutes, rotating the pan 180 degrees after 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine syrups, brown sugar and peanut butter in a small saucepan. Heat the wet ingredients over medium heat and stir to combine; let mixture simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Once oats and nuts have finished toasting, transfer back to the large bowl. Add spices and salt to the oats and stir well to combine. Add syrup mixture in thirds mixing well after each addition (you want to coat everything evenly so mix mix mix).
- Pour out the uncooked granola onto the baking sheet(s) and spread out evenly.
- Bake for a total of 18 minutes, removing the pan and stirring the oats every 6 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 30 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes. This part is labor intensive, but it will keep the granola in good chunks and make removal from the pan easier.
- Store in an airtight container - best within 2 weeks.
Don’t feel like making it but want to try it?? Well, you’re in luck! You can purchase here: Pecan Pie Granola on Etsy.