Can we all just agree that Tuesday/Monday’s are almost worse than regular Monday’s? At least we only have three days left this week.
I generally plan out our meals for the week- not always down to the day but at least what recipes or dishes I want to make in the coming days. When I got home today I didn’t want to make any of my planned items. I wanted to grab a cheeseburger and fries then come home and pass out before 730.
Somehow I found the strength to follow through with my recipe plans and hold off on the burger & fries. Luckily we were rewarded with a very tasty dish.
“It’s almost like a carbonara without the egg”- I can always count on Carver to put things in perspective.
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into large chunks
- 2 garlic cloves
- pinch red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup toasted almonds or pine nuts
- 2 ounces parmesan or romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound whole wheat linguine
- Cook pasta to package instructions. Reserve ½ cup pasta water.
- In the bowl of a large food processor, combine remaining ingredients. Pulse until a paste forms. Add half of the pasta water to the paste to thin out and make a sauce.
- Pour sauce over the pasta and mix well to coat. Add additional water if needed to help sauce stick to pasta.
- Top pasta with a sprinkling of cheese, chili flakes, slivered almonds and a drizzle of olive oil.
*adapted from Smitten Kitchen