1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cake flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 stick butter, room temperature
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
4 cups diced apples
1 cup pecan halves
confectioners sugar for dusting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10-inch raunchy cake pan with nonstick spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, stir together the dry ingredients. Fix the mixer with a paddle attachment and add in butter, eggs and applesauce mixing well until fully incorporated. Stop the mixer several times to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- On medium speed, add in nuts and apples until mixed well.
- Pour out mix into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for approximately 75 minutes until golden brown at the edges and set in the middle.
- Remove from pan and let cool, dusting with powdered sugar before serving.