- 1 cup fat free plain greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic, crushed or pressed
- 1/2 pound fresh or thawed frozen peas Kosher salt
- 1/2 pound whole wheat medium shells
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cups basil leaves, coarsely torn
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 4 ounces shredded chicken (optional)
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the yogurt, 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, the garlic, and 1/3 cup of the peas. Pulse until pale green.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil with a few pinches of salt. Add the pasta, and cook until it is al dente. About 2 minutes before your pasta is done, add in the remaining peas so they are cooked.
- Drain the cooked pasta/peas and transfer to a bowl (I like to keep a bit of the water on the pasta so the sauce has help sticking to the shells).
- Pour the yogurt sauce over the warm pasta along with the toasted pine nuts, goat cheese, basil and chicken – season with salt and pepper. Toss gently and serve warm.
If you’re in the market for a food processor this one is awesome. Please be aware it is an affiliate link and I may receive a portion of sales should you buy.
*Note: should you still feel it necessary to have cake for dinner, remember to balance it out with some fruit and a glass of skim milk. It’s all about moderation friends.*