I go to the farmers market most Saturday’s. I started going regularly with a friend after Charlie was born. It served as a good way to get us all out without testing momma’s introvert-nature or being in closed spaces with cold germs.
I have been to several weekly markets in the Phoenix area and on first blush I wasn’t super impressed with the one we now go to. What changed it all for me was getting to know the vendors, and knowing what to buy where. Now, the idea of going anywhere else seems crazy. Do you shop at a local farmers market? I’d love to hear your favorites and your strategy for a future post.
After we finish buying our goods for the week we stop and grab a Popsicle from AZPops. I jokingly let Charlie lick one the first time, just trying to introduce him to different tastes and textures. He loves them though, really…
- 1 ½ cups frozen Blueberries, thawed
- ½ cup low fat (1%) Cottage cheese
- ½ cup 1% Milk (organic preferred)
- 3 Tablespoons pure organic Maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fresh Lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon pure Vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Puree, stopping machine at least once, to scrape ingredients off sides of container back into mixture.
- Divide mixture among six, ⅓ cup each, molds.
- Freeze until solid.
I used Charlie as inspiration for a recent cooking class and put together these blueberry popsicles.