Everyone is trying to eat healthy these days. As with all healthy eating, the mix of colors and textures on your plate can drastically increase your satisfaction and satiety.
My favorite aspects about this dish are obviously the ease of preparation, the variety of textures and the huge flavor. This dish is great for a busy day- before work make the chutney and coat the chicken in marinade and let both rest in the fridge until it’s time to serve.
Spiced Chicken with Apple-Mango Chutney
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons tandoori marinade
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sugar apricot preserves
- 1 Fresno chili, seeded and minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Fuji apple, diced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 piece whole grain naan
1. In a bowl combine the yogurt and tandoori marinate and mix well, cover chicken with sauce. Let this marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
2. In another bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients with the exception of the naan. Mix well so the fruit is. Coated in sauce. Let this sit in the fridge, covered, for at least 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 400. Spray a nonstick (oven-safe) pan with cooking spray and heat over medium high heat.
4. Sear the marinated chicken for 3 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken and sauté pan to the oven. Cook 5-7 minutes until chicken is cooked through and a thermometer reads 165 degrees.
5. For the last 2-3 minutes of cook time, place the naan in the oven to warm through.
6. Serve the chicken breast with a few tablespoons of the chutney and half of the naan.