There is such a thing as too much. But really… I went in search of what that meant and found it. It was somewhere between a class + internship + long commute + cooking class + family + work. Luckily I managed to keep afloat and not get sick through all of this but I can say that I will not be pushing myself that hard for the extended future.
Right now it’s all about studying, catching up on sleep and TV and working on those nagging projects around the house that had to take a back seat over the past few months.
I started making smoothies to bring with me on my long commutes and one of my recent favorites came from a cookbook I discovered on my hunt for cooking class inspiration – Oh She Glows. It’s the first green smoothie I have found that doesn’t taste green and gritty. I believe I made it everyday for like 8 days straight… The name of this smoothie drew me in – anything that’s reminiscent of Fenway and the boys of summer usually does.
- 1 cup milk (or ½ cup milk and ½ cup plain Greek yogurt)
- 1 banana, peeled (frozen or room temp)
- 2 handfuls spinach or 1 handful destemmed kale leaves
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds OR ground flax
- 1 tablespoon powdered peanut butter (like PB2)
- 2-4 ice cubes
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Puree until smooth and all combined.