Today was a very sad day for our family- one of my aunts passed away. The world was truly a better place with her in it and I wish I got to know her better. Carver and I were incredibly blessed that she was able to attend our wedding and share in some great memories with us.
As hard as this time will be for our family, we cannot shut down or stop taking care of ourselves. I knew the perfect dish would be something warm and comforting but also easy to assemble.
Farfalle with Kale and Mushrooms
- 1/2 pound whole wheat farfalle
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed and chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 6 ounces cooked chicken breast, diced or shredded
- 1/4 cup mascarpone
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pinch nutmeg
- Grated Parmesan for serving
1. Cook farfalle until al dente, about 11 minutes.
2. Meanwhile melt butter in skillet and spray with nonstick spray. Sautée mushrooms and garlic until lightly brown, about 4 minutes.
3. Deglaze the skillet with white wine and add the kale. Let the kale wilt a bit, about 3 minutes, then add chicken and stock allowing the liquid to reduce by half.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and mix the mascarpone with the vegetables and pasta until the sauce is creamy and the ingredients are evenly coated. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg- stirring well. Serve with a light dusting of Parmesan.